Friday, January 6, 2012

Oh Canada

So today is the day that I get to tell the world about my travels. I've traveled a lot. But I hope to travel more and see the world some day. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I love new places. New food. New smells. Love it all. Anyway, I was born in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada. I moved to the states with my mom when I was about 3 years old. But, when I was 5 I started going back in the summers to visit my other family. The family that took my mom and I in when we had no where else to go. I'm not sure they will ever know how eternally grateful we are that we know them, but we are. My life would definitely not be the same.
So during these summer trips, when I thought summer lasted forever (or at least 6 months), I thought the world was mine. I remember thinking that this where I felt the most at home. I remember taking pictures with Kate, being introduced to new food, and not a care in the world. Oh and I also got so tan because I would swim for days at a time. Those were the best times of my life. Truly.
In the summers I stay with Kate. Kate is like my other mom. I talk about her a ton! Probably because I love her so much. She's taught me so much. She's taught me to never settle. To be my own person, even when it's hard. She's also taught me how to love life. She's one of my most favorite people on this whole planet. I owe her so much....maybe one day she'll take me on one her many worldly travels :)

No comments: