Friday, May 4, 2012

It's times like right now.

It's times like right now, when I'm sitting on the floor, packing up my dorm room that I realize how sad I am to leave this place that has been my home for a year. I never thought in a million years I'd be here right now. But I couldn't imagine anywhere else I'd rather be. I've made friends for life, learned lessons that no classroom could have taught me and been infinite way too many times to count. SPOILER ALERT: I'm gonna get sad for a moment.
It's tough to imagine my life without seeing my best friends every day. It's weird to think that I won't be able to just call up Randall and play a round of Zombies (My current game of choice) or Bethany just to hang out, or Grace to talk about random things with. I know change is good and blah blah blah, but I love these people with my whole being but going our separate ways just sounds sad.
I wouldn't be who I am today without the times I've had here. Or the Diet Coke I've drank here. Or laughs I've had here. Or the long talks about life in my car over McDoubles at 3 in morning. (That was short lived...don't even get me started on that!) This will probably sound horrible, but I'm not gonna remember that English class I took 15 years from now, I'll remember the time I fell in mud almost to my knee and had a heart to heart with my best friend on the play ground. I'll remember that time I painted Gibby with my besties. I'll remember how cute I thought my boyfriend was the very first time we kissed because he was wearing his navy blue button down shirt with the cool pockets that I love.
I'll remember this. Right now.

No comments: