Monday, December 5, 2011

No idea.

I often tell myself I will go to bed at a decent hour. I do all of the necessary "get ready for bed" things. I put jams on. I brush the teeths. I get underneath my warm covers. And I lay here. (where I am right now in fact) and pull out the lappy. I understand that maybe it isn't the best "go to sleep" motivator, but it helps me unwind. So then I do. I start to unwind. I think about the things that I have to do the upcoming week. Then I get stressed because I know that there aren't enough hours in a day to accomplish all that I need to.

And then it comes.
THE FUTURE.

Thoughts about what am I doing with my life. And honest to goodness I have no idea. I wish I did. I wish I had a step by step plan of what I'm doing with the rest of my life. But so far I have none. I think about where I want to be in 5 years. Or 10. All I can think is that I want to be happy. Maybe with a someone. Maybe not. I want to travel. I want to eat food that I never thought could be so delicious. I want to see things in person that I've only seen in movies. I want to breathe the air that I've only day dreamed of.

*I am aware how cheesy this sounds*

But it's true. I want to live my life in such a way that when I am telling my babies about all the adventures I had they say "I want to do that too."
I know it will happen.
I just have no idea when.

xoxo, Lisha

No comments: