Saturday, June 2, 2012

Big Girl You Are Beautiful

Day 20 The meaning behind your blog name

Play Me

If you want, you can click the link above and listen to this beauty of a song while you read my explanation. (I strongly suggest that you do.)

Big Girl You Are Beautiful. I'm a big girl. With curves. With pretty eyes. And pair of pretty awesome....legs. ;) I own it. I never claim to want to be a size 2 because that's not who I am. I am Lisha. I am beautiful. And people aren't perfect, this I know. And we never will be. And honestly, I made this my blog name because I love the song. I love the message it gives. But I really love that it doesn't say "Big Girl You Are Beautiful On The Inside". Because as a larger member of society I'm so SICK AND TIRED of people saying "It's what's on the inside that counts". Yeah, sure it counts. But that's not what people SEE. I think everyone on this planet has the right and divine potential to feel pretty. To feel wanted. To feel sexy. To feel lovely. To....feel. And that's what I want. I want people to know that. I want people to feel. Feel something for themselves that they never thought was possible.


So, that's all.

xoxox, Lisha

2 comments:

Sheraya said...

Lisha, I totally respect that you value the beautiful parts of people...but one thing I don't understand- do you feel that being big is beautiful, or that there is beauty in spite of being big? I'm not trying to be offensive, I really am curious. I totally think that there are attractive parts of people, even when they are big, and I do like a little chunk on my man- but I don't think that being obese is attractive, even if they do have attractive features. For example, I love myself and love parts of myself- I have awesome eyes and hair, and a pretty great rack, (haha) but I know that I would be more attractive if I was thinner. How do you feel?

LishKishBish said...

Sheraya! You are my favorite :) I definitely feel like people need to love themselves in spite of...everything. I'm not saying bigger is better, or that being skinny and fit is bad. I just think that if you have a positive self image it can change everything.