Friday, November 26, 2010

Beauty.

So today I went to Temple Square and watched the lights turn on for the first time. I've been there before during the Christmas season, seen the beautiful and intricate design, and went home feeling all festive and warm and fuzzy. But this year, for me, was different. I was there when they actually turned it on....I saw the red Christmas tree light up. I saw the glimmer of the red lights bouncing off the snow. I saw Christmas today. I saw my breath today. I felt coldness on my face. I saw preciousness. I saw the Gospel in it's fullness as Sister Missionaries were telling people about Christ's love for them. I saw a nativity and wanted to stare at it all night. I think about Last December...and honestly how much it hurt my heart. I didn't want this Christmas to come.
But tonight, it sparked something inside of me. Something peaceful. Something real. I want to feek like that all the time. And feel what I felt tonight. I want this to be the December I remember from now on.

XOXO, Lisha

1 comment:

Michael S Johnson said...

I'm so glad that this year is better for you! It just goes to show that no pain lasts forever, right? I love you! Hope everything continues to get better. :)