Monday, October 4, 2010

What were you wearing?

So today of course was Family Home Evening. My friend Amy has 4 kids (3 older ones and a baby) and today the lesson was on observing other peoples needs. (Oh and after supper she had asked her kids to change into their pajamas)
She started the lesson by asking her 3 year old, Isabel, to stand up. She asked us (Paul, Alora, and I) what she had been wearing that day. The kids of course were caught off guard and didn't know what to say.
This got me thinking, how observant are we really? Would I really recognize if someone needed help? Am I willing to help them? Honestly, sometimes it's the last thing I really want to do. But, then I really got to thinking. Christ would have never turned his back on anyone. And I know that for a fact.
So, if I really am trying to be more Christlike, I need to learn to recognize when people are feeling left out or alone. It's hard to know what to say all the time. But I learned something a little while ago...people just want you to listen. Sometimes they don't even want you to solve their problem, they just want to be heard.

Love, Lisha

No comments: