Thursday, July 7, 2011

Still Breathing

Life can be so stressful. And I know that is news to no one. But sometimes I feel like I get caught up in what other people want, and not what I want. Or I get lost in the task at hand that I feel like sometimes life is passing me by and I'm trying so hard to catch it. I'm not sure if that makes sense to anyone else but I got it.

As a new stylist in beauty school, they warn you that the first year you won't make any money. They tell you it will take at least 5 years to build a clientele. Basically only the strong survive in this industry. You have to be willing to put in the time and effort it takes to get what you want. So lately, I've been feeling really discouraged because I feel like I'm just sitting there. Waiting for my business to come to me. But over the past 2 weeks I have been busy!!! I hadn't noticed really and was talking to my boss about how lame I felt. She pulled up my spreadsheet showing how much I made and blah blah blah. She told me I was doing really well for just starting a month ago. I am steadily increasing and that's all that matters. Then she told me something that made me so happy. "And the girls really like you". What? Really? I don't know why but that stunned me. People that have been in this industry almost half my life look at me and like me. I felt so good!!
So maybe I really am where I am supposed to be.

In other news, my best friend Arryn has moved. And I'm a saddy. Granted, it's just to West Jordan but still. No more random sleepovers, no more late late late taco bell runs, no more "hey wanna come over" on a moments notice. I've never had a friend like Arryn. She really is my other half and the jelly to my peanut butter. I guess I'll just take this time to say Arryn I love you. And I know that you'll be the best adult ever! But come back for sunday dinners every once in awhile okay?

x0x0x, Lisha

4 comments:

P6ST10 said...

This made me cry a little...

LishKishBish said...

and who is this?

Auntie Lolo said...

Lisha, you are amazing and I know that more and more people will come to you and you will be super successful before you know it! If I still lived there, you would be doing my hair for sure! Love you!

Kelt said...

Of course they like you!!!! How could they not?! :)