Wednesday, September 29, 2010

When was LIFE not just cereal?

Somehow, somewhere, Something inside me clicked the other day. I realized that I have been living in a cloud of "Lisha". SO self absorbed and just it was all about me. I've been tired and oblivious to my surroundings. I was just going through the motions. Going through the days.
I realized the other day that if I want something I can't feel guilty for wanting it. I want so much out of my life...And I know what I don't want.

I got the chance today to visit my grandmother whom I had not seen since I was about 2. And only in my situation could you really understand what this meant. My father (her son) and I don't really speak. Whether it's because he isn't able to or doesn't want to doesn't really matter to me. I just know that communication never happens. I kind of wish it did...sometimes. But at other times I realize it is what it is. So before the visit happened, I had butterflies to the unth degree! But when I saw this sweet lady, I realized all my worries could be flung out the window. She was so eager to see me, to know what I was doing. I felt so good doing something for someone else. All she wanted to do was meet me...and she did.

My new focus is to serve my fellowman. To really know people...to make them feel of worth. My other focus is to "de-crap" my life. I want to focus on something of importance...
I'll let you know what that is when I find it ;)

Till next time, Lisha

2 comments:

Tanner Snow said...

And THIS is why you are my best friend! You see things out of the box, you can step back and look at your life! I love you and I hate this whole you being in Canada not able to text me because we are never on facebook at the same time! I love you so much and miss you so much! :-) ~Tanner Snow

Ali Miller said...

OK - so I totally get needing to connect with others and do things for others... but I also want to say that there WILL come a time when pretty much everything you do IS for others - spouse, kids, in-laws, callings, friends, etc... NOT COMPLAINING!!! Just saying appreciate these moments that you do get to just get up and say what do I want to do today - then do it! BOTH are equally important! And YOU are AMAZING - so no surprise that your sweet gma wanted to know you... uh who wouldn't! ;) loves!