Saturday, February 5, 2011

Courage

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.--Winston Churchill

So I came upon this quote recently (Like 5 minutes ago) and for some reason it is speaking to me. So often we think that courage is fighting back, and retaliating. But how often do we all have courage to listen to someone say something that could hurt really bad? I think we do it more than we realize. Why? I know I do it because I have a big heart. I care alot about people and would rather hear the truth first, than a lie later. I would rather live in this moment than worry about the next. And sometimes, that's really hard.

With being away from home, I have alot of time to just sit and think. I've been thinking about the person that I hope I am. I hope I'm the type of person peopl want to be around. I hope I'm the type of person that people say they are proud to know. I want to be an example. I want to be loved. I want to love in return, and I think I do. It's crazy what a little alone time will do. ;)

Being here, and being a semi adult has really opened my eyes to things around me. I'm so glad that I know who I am and that I know that God has a bigger plan for me than I probably even realize. I'm grateful that he has blessed me with this body, this personality, and this heart. I know I'm not perfect by any means and I try constantly to improve. But right now, I'm good enough for me. And that will just have to do right now...

xoxox Lisha

1 comment:

Young Mother Over 40 said...

You are so couragous...I don't really even have the words to say how I love and admire what you're doing.